The NRDAA supports the Government’s policy on Northern Australia. We work to explore key ground-breaking reforms and investments needed to secure regional futures through the implementation of ideas outlined in the White Paper on Developing Northern Australia. In collaboration, RDA’s in the NRDAA are already delivering:
- Inland Queensland Roads Action Plan (IQ-RAP) – strategic road infrastructure investment;
- The Mid and North Western Australia Investment Portfolio – boosting investment opportunities in the north;
- High Speed Wireless Technology Pilot – low-cost strategy to expand the benefits of existing fibre infrastructure in remote communities.
Other priorities for the NRDAA include:
- Development of a Northern Australian Energy Strategy
- Development of a Northern Australian Water Security Program
Development of a Policy Position of Delivering Incentives for Northern Development